It’s official, I’ve accepted an offer to work at Automattic!
I’m really excited to join the team at Automattic. I’ll be working on the forefront of the web writing code for WordPress and related products. I’ll also be working remotely from my home office again, which will grant me more flexibility in my schedule for my family, robotics team, and other stuff.
So, a little more information on Automattic/WordPress:
- They are a small company who does big things:
- 400+ total employees
- WordPress is the most popular Content Management System by a huge lead.
- WordPress serves over 25% of the entire web.
- WordPress.com gets over 100M unique visitors every month.
- They are huge open-source supporters.
- They have lots of projects that are open and free to the public, with some value-added paid projects.
- They have killer benefits
- Even the CEO, Matt Mullenweg still writes code.
I believe this is going to be a great move for me, as Automattic fits very well with my personal ethos and workflow. I’m definitely going to miss all the people I’ve worked with over the last 3.5 years, but I’ll keep in touch as I move on!